Business Information Technology
College Factual has ranked BIT the 4th best Management Science and Quantitative Methods program in the nation, and the 3rd most popular destination for students interested in Management Science and Quantitative Methods in a Business School.
- Mar 21, 2019 Pamplin donors were “In” for Giving Day 2019
- Mar 05, 2019 Student award winners announced
- Apr 24 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM Owens Banquet Hall Students of Distinction Reception
- Apr 24 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM New Classroom Building 270 Venture Builders Workshop: Product Development
- Apr 25 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pamplin Atrium Hokie Hospitality Highlights - Thinking of Majoring in HTM
- Apr 26 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Ut Prosim Weekend
What will you learn?
Our students learn the necessary information technology (IT) and computing skills, plus quantitative and modeling techniques, to develop and implement sophisticated business-related computer systems. The degree program especially focuses on the practical application of computing to business problem-solving.
What can BIT offer you?
The Department of Business Information Technology (BIT) offers an undergraduate major designed to provide our students with expertise in the development and use of computer systems and quantitative modeling techniques for solving business problems and making managerial decisions.
Partner to Serve Communities
Career opportunities in Business Information Technology are excellent. Students graduating with a degree in BIT annually are among the top majors in the university in terms of number of job interviews and average starting salaries.